With the basic game dynamics working, I started to add animation to the assets. Blender's glTF exporter makes exporting animations to webGL relatively simple, but there were still plenty of Opportunities For Learning (OFL) to occur. :)
One challenge with working on a project part-time is the variation in the look and feel of the models created. I didn't have a good sense of whether I wanted the game to feel realistic or cartoony. I didn't know if I wanted something that felt modern or pseudo-historical. That generated a wide variation in the assets I created. But I finally found some reference images that were close to what I wanted, so I went back and started updating the assets, concentrating on keeping everything consistent.
My previous SketchFab model uploads were really only a way for me to dip my toe into the water. This time I went for the whole foot, maybe even half-calf! I attempted to upload my farm house model to SketchFab. This model had two particle systems and multiple texture- and procedurally-based materials. I'm considering the at...
I dual-boot my computer with Windows/Linux because there are still a few programs that I haven't gotten working on Windows (and vice versa). This week, I took the plunge and installed OpenFOAM (in a later post) and MakeHuman. I had been nervous about installing MakeHuman because of the python warning on the web site.
I'm sure some configurations will cause problems, but in my case, I haven't experienced any problems. Once I finished, I realized 'Installation' is not accurate. Download the zipped files from the web site and extract them wherever you want--no installation is actually required. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes (YMMV).
I get a chuckle out of the nudity warning. In our litigious society, I'm sure there is a reason for the warning; it still makes me laugh.